Providing Carlton North with Physiotherapist Services
- Osteopathy is a primary health care profession, widely regarded as the most effective solution to common musculo-skeletal problems such as back and neck pain, headache and migraine, sport injuries and muscle and joint pain.
- Osteopathy is an extremely effective form of manual medicine that aims to restore and realign the body’s musculoskeletal system to a state of balance. Osteopathy is so effective because it treats the whole person, not just the painful parts, so you can get long lasting relief.
- Osteopaths achieve excellent results via a hands-on holistic approach, where the underlying cause of pain is found and treated, rather than just treating the symptoms. This is what sets osteopathy apart.
- Our osteopaths can help you understand your injury so that you can find relief quickly and employ management strategies and rehabilitative exercises to prevent any re-occurrences of injury.
- Our patients value our caring approach to all conditions presented.
- 60% of our new patients are referred by family and friends.
- We provide thorough comprehensive care, taking the time to listen.
- Our practitioners are university trained from both Australian and international institutions and spend 150 hours every year updating their skills. Current university training for Osteopathy is five years full time and includes undergraduate and Masters qualifications.
Our osteopaths have a particular interest in:
- Back and neck pain treatment
- TMJ disorder
- Shoulder injuries
- Headaches & migraines
- Muscle strain
- Osteopathy before, during & after Pregnancy
Work-related and repetitive strain injuries
Movement optimisation and wellbeing
To get to our Osteopathic Clinic from Carlton North
- Our clinic is located at 2 Holden Street, right on the corner of Holden and Nicholson Street.
- There is street parking on Holden Street and Nicholson Street and at the rear of the clinic. There are also numerous public transport options including the number 96 tram which stops immediately at the front of the clinic.
- We have 4 spacious and modern consulting rooms as well as an exercise rehabilitation studio.
- The clinic is open from 7am to 8.30 pm weekdays and Saturday 7am to 2 pm
YOUR FIRST VISIT
- A detailed medical history will be taken. We take the time to listen to your story and understand your body. We then assess your posture, alignment and the way your body moves and functions. The key aspect of osteopathy is how your body functions altogether, not just as individual parts.
- Where and when necessary, we can arrange specialist investigations such as X-Rays or M.R.I. scans quickly, or refer you to our specialists for further assessment or management.
- Once the problem has been identified, we will discuss the results with you and in conjunction with you, formulate an effective treatment plan to help you reach your goals. Treatment will often begin during this initial appointment.
- Osteopathic treatment is safe, gentle and effective. Treatment can include gentle joint mobilisation, spinal manipulation, trigger point therapy, myofascial release, dry needling, stretching, soft tissue massage and exercise rehabilitation.
- Osteopathy has a unique system of assessment, diagnosis & treatment that can treat many disorders that result in pain and dysfunction.
We Welcome New Physiotherapist and Pilates Patients from Carlton North and Surrounds
We want to help you achieve your health goals by safety guiding you through recovery. If you are feeling overwhelmed or confused about finding the right treatment for your particular pain or injury come and see our friendly team in Brunswick, Thornbury or Fitzroy North.
Click edit button to change this text.