Wondering how a physiotherapist could help you?
If you are looking for something to help with your pain or injury, our physiotherapists are able to diagnose and treat the cause, rather than just your symptoms. This type of treatment is not only safe, but also suitable for a wide variety of problems. Your physiotherapy treatment could include a combination of stretching, gentle joint mobilisation, dry needling, soft tissue massage, spinal manipulation, myofascial release, exercise rehabilitation or trigger point therapy.
Offering a Wide Range of Services to Help you Recover Faster
- Our physiotherapists specialise in the assessment and treatment of muscle and joint related conditions including back & neck pain, sports injuries, work related injuries and muscle strains. We also have physio’s who practice in specialised areas such as women’s health, pre & post natal, shoulder conditions, headache & migraine and clinical pilates.
Our appointments are up to 50% longer than the standard so that we may accurately diagnose and treat your condition for better results. Feel better faster with fewer visits.
- Our physiotherapists will take the time to help you to understand your injury and give you management strategies to help you recover faster and prevent any re-occurrences of injury.
- Our physiotherapists use effective hands-on techniques such as massage, dry needling, and joint mobilisation to relieve pain and restore movement. This is backed up with corrective exercises for long term relief.
- Our patients value our caring and comprehensive approach.
- Taking extra time allows us to provide thorough and comprehensive care. You will never feel rushed with our physiotherapists.
- Our practitioners are university trained from both Australian and international institutions and spend 150 hours every year updating their skills, which is 5 times the standard.
- Our physiotherapists love what they do, and take great pride in delivering excellence with every session. We stand by what we say. If you are not satisfied for any reason, your next session is free.
Our physiotherapists have experience in:
- Back and neck pain treatment
- Women and men’s health
- Shoulder injuries
- Headaches & migraines
- Muscle strain
- Physiotherapy before, during & after Pregnancy
- High performance athletes
Work-related and repetitive strain injuries
Movement optimisation and wellbeing
Sports injury management
- Our large and spacious clinic is located at 620 High Street Thornbury, close to the corner of Martin Street.
- There is street parking both on Martin Street and High Street and a tram stop just outside the front door.
- We have 4 consulting rooms as well as a large Pilates studio.
- The clinic is open from 8am to 8pm weekdays and Saturday 7am to 2pm.
YOUR FIRST VISIT
- A detailed medical history will be taken. We take the time to listen to your story and understand your body. We then assess your posture, alignment and the way your body moves and functions.
- Where and when necessary, we can arrange specialist investigations such as X-Rays or M.R.I. scans quickly, or refer you to our specialists for further assessment or management.
- Once the problem has been identified, we will discuss the results with you and in conjunction with you, formulate an effective treatment plan to help you reach your goals. Treatment will often begin during this initial appointment and our physiotherapists will prescribe exercises to aid in the rehabilitation process.
- Physiotherapy treatment is safe, gentle and effective. Treatment can include gentle joint mobilisation, spinal manipulation, trigger point therapy, myofascial release, dry needling, stretching, soft tissue massage and exercise rehabilitation.
- Physiotherapy has a unique system of assessment, diagnosis & treatment that can treat many disorders that result in pain and dysfunction.
New Patients From Northcote Welcome for Physiotherapist and Pilates Appointments
The team at Premier Sports Medicine prides themselves on referrals, having gained them from over 20,0000 satisfied patients. No matter what your health goals are, we are here to help. Book a consultation with the team today either online through our booking system or by downloading our app available from the Apple and Google Play store.