Tender cauliflower, hearty chickpeas, vibrant veggies, and aromatic herbs combine to produce a wonderful burst of flavours and textures in our Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Chickpeas. This recipe not only tantalises your taste senses but also nourishes your body because it is high in nutrients, fibre, and plant-based protein. Prepare this nutritious meal for a filling and healthy lunch that honours balanced indulgence and elevates an ordinary dish into an outstanding experience.
▪ 3 poblano chillies
▪ 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
▪ 2/3 cup (160ml) olive oil, divided
▪ 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
▪ 2 tbs finely chopped coriander
▪ 1 tsp ground cumin
▪ 1 tsp ground paprika
▪ 1 large cauliflower (about 900g), cut into large florets
▪ 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
▪ 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
▪ 1 tsp Dijon mustard
▪ 1 tsp honey
▪ 2 cups (160g) shredded green cabbage
▪ 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
▪ 100g Danish-style fetta, crumbled
▪ 2 radishes, finely shaved
1. Preheat grill on high. Line a large heavy-rimmed baking tray with foil and toss the chillies and garlic with 1 tbs oil. Cook under the grill, turning the chillies and garlic halfway through cooking, for 15 mins or until the chillies are charred all over and garlic skins are blackened. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and set aside for 10 mins to cool.
2. Peel the garlic, discarding the skins. Peel and seed the chillies. Tear 2 chillies into strips and reserve. Finely chop the garlic and remaining chilli until a paste forms. Place the sour cream in a bowl. Add the chilli mixture, coriander and 2 tbs water. Stir to combine. Season with salt. Cover and place in the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
3. Preheat oven to 230°C (210°C fan-forced). Remove and discard foil from the baking tray. Place baking tray in the oven for 5 mins to preheat.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, 1/4 cup (60ml) oil, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Add cauliflower and chickpeas and toss to coat. Arrange the cauliflower mixture in a single layer on the hot baking tray. Roast for 15 mins. Toss and roast for a further 10-15 mins or until the cauliflower is crisp-tender and the chickpeas are crisp.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, mustard, honey, and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Spread sour cream mixture over a serving platter. Sprinkle with cabbage and onion. Top with the cauliflower, chickpeas and reserved chilli strips. Drizzle with the lime juice mixture. Sprinkle with fetta and radish to serve.